[OmniOS-discuss] Loading additional drivers

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Fri Apr 13 08:08:20 EDT 2012

It should be a bug that the screen offers that.

My intention with that was to skip the screen.  If a user needs different
drivers (which I believe will be somewhat rare in the case of OmniOS), they
should drop to shell before the installer and "do stuff" and then pop back
into the installer to complete installation.

Ideally, most people will be installing Kayak (via PXE) instead of Caiman
(via ISO).

Either way -- it's a bug.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith <
stephen at atalanta-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During install, at the installation menu, the user is given the
> opportunity to install additional drivers. Selecting has no effect - a
> message is flashed, but it is too quick for me to read, and I find
> myself back at the installation menu.
>
> Is this capability not ready yet, or should we consider this a bug?
>
> S.
>
> --
> Stephen Nelson-Smith,
> Principal Consultant,
> Atalanta Systems Ltd,
> Web: http://agilesysadmin.net
> Twitter: @lordcope
> Skype: atalanta.systems
> Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 969819
> Mobile: +44 (0) 7917 101919
>
> Atalanta Systems: The Agile Infrastructure Enablers
> http://atalanta-systems.com

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle