[OmniOS-discuss] Omni OS building issue

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sat Apr 14 20:41:15 EDT 2012

tj,

Thanks for the feedback.  It looks like we had been running this on a
system with a lot of extra packages.

I've updated the toolset to tell you when you don't have the basic reqs
installed and present you with the single command to install them all...
For now, that includes:

 developer/gcc46
 developer/object-file
 developer/linker
 developer/library/lint
 developer/build/gnu-make
 system/header

I've also added support for an on-disk repo (see site.sh)

If you are going to be installing these packages on more than one machine,
you'll definitely want to setup a repo yourself:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/CreatingRepos

FWIW, all the packages in the build checkout have are already built an
published to the omnios release package repository that your system shipped
referencing.  When you type "pkg install ...." you are getting packages
that were build with the system you're currently using.