[OmniOS-discuss] Just what I needed for the new laptop...

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 09:59:56 EDT 2012

On 19/04/2012 22:26, Eric Sproul wrote:
> Even if you had NIC drivers you'd likely be disappointed with the
> experience on a laptop.  OpenIndiana might be a better choice for
> your use case.

or build your Xorg components & window manager via pkgsrc if you can?

I managed to bootstrap using the repo used for SmartOS
https://github.com/mamash/pkgsrc
but hangs on building packages with were not there in the 2012Q1
snapshot upstream.

This is assuming you know the components you require & need a minimal OS
such as OmniOS to use as a foundation.

Sevan