[OmniOS-discuss] Another OmniOS Software Repository.

Benjamin Grogg info at thetube.ch
Sun Aug 12 12:03:16 EDT 2012

Thanks Denis,

> Is there a particular reason why it installs to /usr/local/transmission
> rather than just /usr/local ?

I don't touch the default path. So it's what the Transmission developer sets.

> Also, if you really want to take the packaging to the next level, these are
> all the steps required to install it as a service:
> http://www.dev-eth0.de/installing-a-bittorrent-client-with-webgui-on-opensolaris/

I'm not sure how the Transmission-Daemon works exactly. Better I run it
in userland (as logged in User), that means every download is user based.
With a system daemon. I'm not sure if its possible to protect each download
from every user?

> I spent hours trying to get transmission compiled on OmniOS ... is there an
> easy trick to getting a working GNU compilation environment up and running?

OmniOS provide everything except libevent. There was just an issue with a
building macro that detect libcurl not/worg
The rest was just straight forward, thanks to the OmniOS developers!

Best regrads,
benjamin