[OmniOS-discuss] IPS & BE creation suppression

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Mon Aug 20 17:32:44 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is OmniOS any different from OpenIndian with regards to certain packages
> requiring new BEs to be created? New BEs really raise hell with config
> management systems like Puppet and Chef.

I suppose Chef and Puppet needs to be taught about new BEs?  The short
answer is, anything that would require a reboot to take full effect
would require a new BE -- just like OI.

We don't seem to have issues with this and Chef in our environment, FWIW.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle