[OmniOS-discuss] Cloned Zones and Networking

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Fri Dec 14 10:19:39 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
<stephen at atalanta-systems.com> wrote:
> root at omnios:~# zoneadm -z clone1 halt
>
> 6) Create a new vnic for the machine we're going to create by cloning

I think this may be an issue with zone cloning that may well be unique
to OmniOS.  We had to make some changes to the ipkg brand clone
script, since we've ripped out all traces of sysidcfg.  The upstream
ipkg clone uses sysidcfg elements to do initial configuration in the
new zone, which doesn't work since we don't have sysidcfg anymore.  We
implemented changes to cloning for r151004 (**), though it seems there
may be more work to do.

Eric

http://omnios.omniti.com/ticket.php/11