[OmniOS-discuss] An OmniOS AMI for use on AWS/EC2?

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Fri May 25 15:29:10 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Greg Burd <greg at basho.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to build an AMI from OmniOS?  I'd very much like a supported, open source variant of OpenSolaris/Illumos for AWS deployments of Riak (and other things).

Greg,
Not as yet, but we definitely want to see this happen and it's on the
to-do list.  It's a multi-step process that has been described to me
but which I can't recall exactly at the moment.  And thanks to Oracle,
all the old links to sun.com documentation are now broken.  :(

If you want to take a stab at it, we'd welcome the help!

Eric