[OmniOS-discuss] booting under xen

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Tue May 29 15:04:33 EDT 2012

Not sure about that.  I haven't looked at the 151a stuff at all, so
I'm not sure about the differences.  I know we deliver all the kernel
bits as a part of the core distribution though.  Perhaps we are
missing Xen-related stuff on the disk itself.

We use distro constructor... so on a working OmniOS box, you should be
able to install: pkg:/install/distribution-constructor

and I believe the xml description we used to build the install disk
gets installed with that.

Eric might know more.

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Thom May <thom at may.lt> wrote:
> Hey,
> has anyone actually tried OmniOS under xen? trying to boot the
> installer cd just results in instant crashes, whereas the openindiana
> 151a cd works fine.
> It would be good to get an understanding of what the difference is
> between the two builds - and if there are instructions on building an
> omnios cd i can tinker more.
> cheers,
> -thom

Theo Schlossnagle