[OmniOS-discuss] no headers in default install?

Peter Tripp peter at psych.columbia.edu
Tue Nov 20 09:04:10 EST 2012

On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:11 AM, Eric Sproul wrote:

> We could do a "convenience package" that would pull in all the right
> things to make it easier to get started.  Would that meet your needs?

Eric, I think this is a good idea, like the 'build-essential' metapackage in Ubuntu it gives people a single thing to install when compiling something for the first time.  I understand (and appreciate) taking the time to keep the build tools out of the base install to keep production images small, but it should also be similarly straightforward to install the standard build tools when you need them.

Thanks
-Peter