[OmniOS-discuss] DL385G1

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Nov 27 12:31:52 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
<stephen at atalanta-systems.com> wrote:
> wget ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p1220948930/v80737/CPQary3-2.5.1-solaris10-i386.tar.gz

That's good to know.  The cpqary3 driver comes from the closed-bins
collection that gets added to illumos-gate during the build process
(on-closed-bins-nd.i386.tar.bz2).  Note the "nd" there-- supposedly
these are non-distributable, but AFAIK *we've* received them legally.
The HP standard EULA forbids distribution of their drivers, though, so
I've emailed them to ask permission to distribute the latest cpqary3.

Until we hear otherwise, your method looks like a good workaround if
one cannot or wishes not to use an add-in HBA that is better
supported.  It would be awesome if you could document it on the wiki.

Thanks,
Eric