[OmniOS-discuss] Some kayak problems and missing documentation

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Wed Apr 3 15:17:40 EDT 2013

Unfortunately, the docs are only what you've found.

That is a bug.  I believe I've just committed a fix for it.

http://omnios.omniti.com/changeset.php/core/kayak/fdf681db4204b9239e2863a7a844144aba728aec

You can either reroll your kayak packages (a lot of work)...

Or wait for the 151006 to be released later this month.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Steffen Fritzsche
<fritzsche at scriptroom.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there any documentation for kayak except the minimal introduction on
> the wiki? I managed to set up my own server and I'm able to install a
> bootable system. However, some options are ignored or produce errors. See
> my installation logs on http://burns.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/.
>
> * If I'm specifying my rpool drives with "BuildRpool >80000", the
> installation stops saying something along the line "there is no 80000
> file". Looks like this is somehow interpreted as shell command. So I just
> specified the rpool device as c1t0d0 and the installation run through.
>
> * After first reboot the network devices are not configured, although I
> did specified it as postboot command (see config on my install server)
>
> * I'd like to do some customizations to the installed image, for start it
> would be nice if I was able to add my own publisher and define some custom
> packages that get installed. Would be perfect if someone could fill the
> blanks/todos in the wiki or post some hints to get me started.
>
> * Moreover, it would be nice if I could specify the keyboard layout in the
> client config, like I'm able to specify my timezone and hostname.
>
> Overall, I really like the slick and simple installation server and it has
> definitely the coolest installer server web interface I've ever seen :)
>
> Cheers, Steffen

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle