[OmniOS-discuss] customizing rpool for iso install

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Apr 18 14:23:28 EDT 2013

On 4/18/2013 7:03 AM, Eric Sproul wrote:
> Thanks Paul, this sounds really interesting.  Long term I'd like to
> see distro_const and text_install go away and have something very
> close to Kayak to run from CD/USB.  A key feature is that it would
> share configuration methods so that you could set up both local media
> and network installs the same way.  We have, in Kayak, a working
> installer, we just need that translated to boot and run from local
> media.

That definitely sounds like a better long-term approach than my kludge :).

Short-term though, it is simpler than putting together the network
install infrastructure. I was thinking of putting a quick page up on the
wiki for it with a note from the installation page under the ISO
section, but wanted to double check with you guys if that was okay
before I started mucking with your wiki...