[OmniOS-discuss] nfs server with kerberos

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Apr 30 21:24:06 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:21:33PM +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:

> is nfs with sec=krb5 (krb5i/krb5p, whatever), supposed to work with omnios?
[...]
> root at testomnios:~# share -F nfs -o sec=krb5 -d "homedirs" /export/home/
> Could not share: /export/home: invalid security type

Not sure if you've sorted this out yet, but a similar issue recently
came up on the zfs mailing list for a user using OI:

http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/182191/2013/04/sort/time_rev/page/1/entry/24:310/20130428222753:627B968C-B074-11E2-9F3A-95773EE4A36F/

I haven't tested it, but I assume the solution (install a non-default
krb5 package) would probably also fix the issue for omnios.