[OmniOS-discuss] Overheating faults with ST4000NM0023

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Aug 6 09:55:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-06 11:41, Thibault VINCENT wrote:
>   * is anyone working with ST4000NM0023 or have a clue about fixing the
> trip temperature in smart ?

Unfortunately, I can't really help about the main subject; but I can
speculate that the vendor knows about "fragility" of the disks against
temperature and spec'ed their self-diags accordingly? After all, that
is what they are for?..

That is, even if you find ways to override the failsafes, you might
substantially reduce the lifetime of devices...

Perhaps, investment in an air-conditioner would pay off better? ;)

//Jim