[OmniOS-discuss] HA for ZFS on OmniOS

Alexandre NEY aney at ivision.fr
Sun Aug 11 14:08:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm quite new to Solaris / Illumnos / OmniOS. We chose Omnios because it seemed like the best choice for our ZFS project and is recommended by "Napp-it"

Anyway, we are looking into putting some failover capabilities in our ZFS architecture. We are aiming at 2 heads connected by SAS cables to the disk enclosure. The LUNs are presented with COMSTAR iSCSI.

>From what I understand there is no built-in failover function in ZFS, we have to rely on additional software like RSF for example (http://www.high-availability.com/zfs-ha-plugin/)

I guess my question is : anyone else already running this configuration in a production environment ? How is it performing ? Any recommendation ?

I saw this specific bug on the illumnos tracker : https://www.illumos.org/issues/3621 it seems fixed but i don't know how to check if the fix is included in omnios, I did look in the release notes but didn't find anything about it.

I know it's probably the holidays for most of you guys but any feedback will be much appreciated !

Thanks !

Alexandre NEY