[OmniOS-discuss] ipmievd smf manifest in system/management/ipmitool

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Dec 2 20:42:22 UTC 2013

The smf manifest for ipmievd in the ipmitool package has a hardcoded
dependency on the default instance of system-log:

# svcs -xv
svc:/system/system-log:default (?)
 State: disabled since Mon Nov 18 18:13:14 2013
Reason: Disabled by an administrator.
   See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-05
   See: man -M /usr/share/man -s 1M syslogd
Impact: 1 dependent service is not running:
        svc:/network/ipmievd:default

I'm actually running syslog-ng on my box:

# svcs | grep system-log
online         Nov_18   svc:/system/system-log:syslog-ng

Shouldn't the dependency be on just the generic " svc:/system/system-log"
service and not a specific instance of it?

Thanks.