[OmniOS-discuss] New stable release: r151008

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Thu Dec 5 22:00:18 UTC 2013

>From the Better-Late-Than-Never department: r151008 is now available.

 * Highlights
   * All packages shipped as part of OmniOS r151008 are now
cryptographically signed.
     * All package signatures will be verified by default, including
on systems upgraded from r151006.
     * More strict policies regarding signatures are possible. See
"signature-policy" under IMAGE PROPERTIES in the pkg(1) man page for
details.
   * New ZFS pool features: spacemap_histogram, multi_vdev_crash_dump,
extensible_dataset
     * see zpool-features(5) for details on what these features do.
   * Rewritten ZFS write throttle to produce more consistent delays
under constant load
     * This supersedes the per-zone I/O throttle feature taken from
illumos-joyent in r151006. We are investigating a compatible feature
set.
   * ZFS L2ARC compression
   * Dump volumes may now be placed on multi-vdev pools such as raidz,
striped mirrors
   * Oracle Java SE 6 replaced with OpenJDK 7
   * GCC 4.8.1
   * New, open source driver for HP SmartArray controllers: cpqary(7D)
   * IPD, the Internet Packet Disturber, is a new kernel facility for
simulating pathological networks by inducing packet drops, delays and
corruption.
     * available in pkg:/network/ipd and administered by ipdadm(1M).
     * usable by the global zone and zones with exclusive IP stacks.

Release notes:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes#r151008

Upgrade instructions:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_r151006_r151008