[OmniOS-discuss] userland woes

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Dec 9 15:51:14 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

Today Eric Sproul wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
> > Following the latest instructions from your webpage, we tried this:
> >
> >   pkg list incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland >/dev/null 2>&1 || pkg install incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland at 11,5.11-0.151006
> >
> > now, if we run
> >
> >   # pkg update -nv
> >
> > we get
> >
> >  Creating Plan /
> >  pkg update: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
> >  Plan Creation: Package solver has not found a solution to update to latest available versions.
> >  This may indicate an overly constrained set of packages are installed.
>
> Hi Tobi,
> It's possible you have packages that are holding back the update.  Do
> you use the ms.omniti.com publisher?  Recent builds there incorporate
> on entire at the release on which they were built, to ensure they
> don't get installed on the wrong release.
>
> You can check to see if any unexpected incorporate dependencies exist
> with pkg search:
>
> pkg search -H -o pkg.fmri -l 'depend:incorporate:*@*-0.151006' | sort | uniq
>
> Under normal circumstances (that is, you use only packages from the
> omnios publisher) you should see only entire, illumos-gate and
> omnios-userland.  If you see anything else, that's something to
> investigate.

ah, we are getting closer ...

we have installed some packages from our own repository
pkg.oetiker.ch and these packages themselfe have dependencies on
ms.omniti.com stuff.

namely the following:

 $ pkg uninstall -nv libgcrypt
 Creating Planpkg uninstall: Cannot remove
 'pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/security/libgcrypt@1.5.3,5.11-0.151006:20130810T181134Z'
 due to the following packages that depend on it:

 pkg://pkg.oetiker.ch/system/collectd@5.4.0,5.11-0.151007:20131005T114950Z

does this mean we have to rebuild the collectd package for 0.151008
because its dependency on ms.omniti.com is going away ?

cheers
tobi