[OmniOS-discuss] missing shared libraries prevent automatic installation in release 1008

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Mon Dec 9 16:11:14 UTC 2013

This may be AMD64 specific. I haven't checked in depth, but the following
missing libraries (from miniroot.gz) prevent a successful pxe installation.
Most of them are related to zfs either in creating the filesystem or in the
implicit execution of share at the end of creating rootfs. In most cases it
is just the final versioned .so.x.y that is missing from the miniroot.gz
while the symlinks are present. I used wildcards to save time/space. Since
this was an iterative process over the course of a couple of days, some of
the non-amd64 libraries may not be strictly necessary.

/usr/lib/libz.so*    (may not be necessary)
/usr/lib/libidn.so*  (may not be necessary)
/usr/lib/amd64/libz.so*  (symlinks present but libraries not)
/usr/lib/amd64/libidn.so*  (")

the following are necessary for the implicit share at the end of zpool
create rootfs, or zpool exits with code 255 and install aborts:
/usr/lib/libshare.so*
/usr/lib/libxml2.so*
/usr/lib/liblzma.so* (may not be necessary in favor of below)
/usr/lib/amd64/liblzma.so*
/usr/lb/amd64/libxml2.so*

There may be the same problems in the 1006 release. Since it was failing
and a newer one was available, I jumped to 1008 and skipped debugging 1006.

I also added a few in for truss to see what was going on, but since they
aren't germane to the final install, I'll skip those.

Doug