[OmniOS-discuss] userland woes

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Dec 9 17:27:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 12:08:59 -0500
Eric Sproul <esproul at omniti.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
> > So the library/uuid pkg is my problem here?  That's... interesting.
> > Is deinstalling and not using ms.omniti.com any more the only option?
>
> The packages in ms.omniti.com were built for r151006, so they
> appropriately use an incorporate dependency on entire at 151006.
> Eventually there will be r151008 versions in ms.omniti.com, so it's
> your choice.  You can wait for that to happen or you can remove uuid
> and move the system forward.

Discussing dependencies. My experience moving from 150007 to 150008
ended up by reinstalling using official ISO. What prevented a smooth
upgrade from 150007 to 150008 was a missing userland for 150007 (my
packages in 150007, even though I did not upgrade for several months,
was never than latest userland in 150007. So my question is: How come
that userland is not installed even though we are dealing with bloody?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Use the "telephone test" for readability.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)