[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] mpt_sas wedge

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Dec 9 22:20:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:

> I vaguely recall seeing some mpt_sas improvements flyby over the past 6-8
> months, once the first update for 151008 comes out I guess I will go ahead
> and upgrade to that, maybe next time things go wiggy it won't take out the
> whole controller.

We back-ported the major one, which was the fix for
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4013 aka "backout 6910752/6968206:
needs more work".  Make sure you have
driver/storage/mpt_sas at 0.5.11,5.11-0.151006:20130906T160306Z which
contains the fix.

> One question; in this case, when it completely died, it ended up printing
> out the wwn of the drive in question so it was easy to find. However, I'm
> not quite sure how to map "target 17" to an actual disk if all I had were
> the warning messages. Any pointers?

AFAIK mapping the topology behind an mpt_sas device required private
ioctls to extract that info from the IOC.  Josh Clulow did the grunt
work to get that done, in https://www.illumos.org/issues/4018 and we
have *that* stuff in r151008.

In r151006 you would need to use LSI's "sas2ircu" utility to get that
information.

Eric