[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro IPMI based BIOS update

wuffers moo at wuffers.net
Tue Dec 10 03:34:50 UTC 2013

Huh, I had recently updated all my servers' IPMI firmware as well as BIOS
recently, and didn't notice this new feature.

It's kind of interesting that they're trying to charge for it (at least
that's the assumption with an "activation key"). It's useful, but outside
of the "fix corrupted BIOS" (which would probably save themselves $$$), not
worth a premium. How hard is it to update the BIOS manually by hand
anyways?

I've just emailed my reseller about this, so I'll update this thread when I
get a response.