[OmniOS-discuss] Updated releases: 151008f, 151006_32

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Dec 12 04:00:37 UTC 2013

> As always, you can view the release notes on our site:
> http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes

Typically people only post with problems, but I'd just like to report I
updated from 151006 to 151008f per the upgrade guide in the wiki with
zero problems and everything seems to be working perfectly so far :).

The update guide for 151008 seems inaccurate as far as zpool upgrade
though, r151006 already included feature flag support, so unless you
installed from an earlier rev or used an old pool they should already be
enabled.  There are some new feature flags, it looks like if you enable
spacemap_histogram your pool is only usable read-only with r151006,
whereas multi_vdev_crash_dump only renders your pool incompatible if you
have an active non-mirror dump defined, and it doesn't look like there
are any features using extensible_dataset yet, so even if you enable it
it won't be activated.

The specific message I see after updating from a system installed with
r151006 is:

This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

All pools are formatted using feature flags.

Some supported features are not enabled on the following pools. Once a
feature is enabled the pool may become incompatible with software
that does not support the feature. See zpool-features(5) for details.

POOL  FEATURE
export
      multi_vdev_crash_dump
      spacemap_histogram