[OmniOS-discuss] upgrade nearly perfect

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:06:17 UTC 2013

hi,

I just followed the instructions on the wiki
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_r151006_r151008

and everything worked fine, except now is java broken:

# /usr/java/bin/java -version
ld.so.1: java: fatal: libjli.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
# ldd /usr/bin/java
    libthread.so.1 =>     /lib/libthread.so.1
    libjli.so =>     (file not found)
    libdl.so.1 =>     /lib/libdl.so.1
    libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
    libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2

This is causing the backup software (crashplan) to fail.

As far as I can see, my root zone only has this publisher:

# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
omnios                                origin   online
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release/

reverting to the former version fixes java and crashplan works again:

# /usr/java/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

# ldd /usr/bin/java
    libthread.so.1 =>     /lib/libthread.so.1
    libjli.so =>
/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/../jre/lib/i386/jli/libjli.so
    libdl.so.1 =>     /lib/libdl.so.1
    libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
    libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2

I see in the release changelog that oracle java was replaced by
openjdk, so I think I found the reason it fails ;-), but now the
question remains, where is the openjdk java ...

I will keep searching, but maybe someone has already found this problem.
TIA,
Groeten,
natxo