[OmniOS-discuss] How to install OminOS as a BE on an existing OI box?

Scott LeFevre slefevre at indy.rr.com
Fri Dec 20 12:59:41 UTC 2013

I have an existing OI storage box that I want to upgrade to OmniOS.
I've spent a fair amount of time fine tuning this system as well as
adding services via SMF so I'd rather not start from scratch.

What would be the best way to install OmniOS as a BE on the existing
rpool and then merge the configs?

In reading through the wiki, it appears that using kayak might be an
option.  I skimmed the list archive but didn't find anything on this.
I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
-Scott
--