[OmniOS-discuss] Dell R720 & Broadcom ethernet

Scott Roberts scotty at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 26 18:34:34 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have a new Dell R720 server and unfortunately the network interfaces do
not show up.  "dladm show-phys" and "dladm show-link" don't return
anything.  I can see e1000g0 and e1000g1 under /dev but when I try to
plumb the interfaces I receive the error message "ifconfig: cannot plumb
e1000g0: Could not open DLPI link".

Any thoughts on how I can get the network up and running?  This is the
first time I have encountered this particular error and I have run OmniOS
on a variety of hardware.

Thank you in advance,
--Scott.