[OmniOS-discuss] Dell R720 & Broadcom ethernet

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:50:41 UTC 2013

On 12/26/13, 7:45 PM, Scott Roberts wrote:
> Saso,
>
> It has the following:
>
> Broadcom 57800 2x10Gb DA/SFP+ + 2x1Gb BT Network Daughter Card
>
> Broadcom 57810 Dual Port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ Network Adapter
>
> Total of (2) GigE and (4) 10Gb SFP+ ports.

Sorry to disappoint, but those 10Gb parts aren't and probably never will
be supported. Unfortunately, Broadcom has a bad habit of shipping binary
blobs only, so there's no way we could even port over support from other
platforms (as we're doing with Intel hardware). For Illumos I'd
recommend always going with Intel NICs whenever possible. I know it's
not much consolation, just a piece of forward-looking advice.

--
Saso