[OmniOS-discuss] remove old e1000g if...?

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:16:16 EST 2013

This is what I was running in the past to shut the system down before moving the disk to a different box with e1000g nic:

$ cat ~/bin/reset-e1000g-config.sh
#!/bin/sh

SUDO=sudo

$SUDO /usr/gnu/bin/sed -i /e1000g/d /etc/path_to_inst
$SUDO rm /dev/e1000g[0-9]
$SUDO touch /reconfigure
$SUDO bootadm update-archive
$SUDO init 5