[OmniOS-discuss] FW: Re: Mount NTFS USB under OmniOS

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Wed Jan 9 11:52:35 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Fabio Rodrigues <fabior at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if OmniTI would be interested in adding the ntfs-3g/fuse
> packages to the main repo. Correct if I'm wrong, but I believe that the
> whole community would benefit from it.

Fabio,
We don't see a strong need for NTFS support on servers these days.
When we see OmniOS (or other illumos distros) in mixed Windows/UNIX
environments, files are typically exchanged over a network filesystem
such as CIFS or NFS.  One-time or infrequent exchanges can typically
be covered by scp/sftp.

FUSE might be nice to have in illumos-gate though.

Eric