[OmniOS-discuss] IPMP Configuration Guidelines

Fabio Rodrigues fabior at gmx.net
Wed Jan 16 09:43:00 EST 2013

Hi All,

 I was looking for some IPMP configuration guidelines for OmniOS and, since I couldn't find anything, I decided to check the Solaris documentation. Does anybody here would have any guides specific for OmniOS?

 I was a bit confused with the two guides below. The Solaris 11 uses "ipadm", but the ipmp options aren't implemented in our version of OmniOS. Now, Solaris 10 uses ifconfig and recommends to create the files "hostname.interface" (as I used to do in the old days to configure a NIC), but I'm a bit afraid that this will break something else since I'm doing all the NIC config now using ipadm.

 IPMP Configuration Guide, Solaris 11 11/11:
 http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1458/gfbad.html#scrolltoc

 IPMP Configuration Guide, Solaris 10 8/11:
 http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23823_01/html/816-4554/deploynetmult-57.html#scrolltoc

 Any help will be appreciated.

 Cheers,
 Fabio