[OmniOS-discuss] Mellanox 40gbe adapters

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Jan 21 14:31:12 EST 2013

Having no IB experience myself, I pinged the folks on #illumos and the
consensus is that "no one knows."  There is support for some Mellanox
controllers via hermon(7D) (http://illumos.org/man/7d/hermon) but
beyond that it's "try it and see".

I gather that Mellanox are not terribly cooperative with community
projects (e.g. anything beyond Oracle Solaris).

Let us know how it goes.
Eric