[OmniOS-discuss] Switching syslog with rsyslog

Carlos Cardenas cardenas12 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 00:07:22 UTC 2013

Ok…

I have rsyslog 7.4.3 building/running with Guardtime enabled.  As a result of jumping from 7.3.9 to 7.4.3, I had to add several new pkgs (deps):
* libguardtime (Guardtime C SDK)
* guardtime (Guardtime Client utility)
* python26-docutils (build dep, generate man pages)

I've also added rsyslog diag and user tools to allow for the additional functionality of using Guardtime within rsyslog.

The one caveat I have with the latest rsyslog with GT support is that there is bug with the 64bit version of libguardtime linking with curl so rsyslog is 32bit.  I'm opening a bug report with GT on this and hope to have this resolved soon.

That said, is 32bit fine or do y'all want to wait until we have 64bit as well?

How do y'all want the PRs done:  all in one or one PR per pkg?

Thanks in advance.

--
Carlos