[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS as a kvm guest

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Wed Mar 27 09:40:55 EDT 2013

Yes, OmniOS can run as a KVM guest.  There is limited virtio support
(vioblk only), and only in the unstable release at this time.  It
integrated too late for the current stable release to pick it up, but
it will be included in the next stable due out next month.

virtio-net support is being worked on by the illumos community, but
has not yet integrated.

Points of interest:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/3644
http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/int0dh/virtio-net/