[OmniOS-discuss] Can't reinstall OmniOS on CF drive

Kent Watsen kent at watsen.net
Sat Mar 30 15:51:16 EDT 2013

I tried Kayak, but gave up due to a bit of luck.  I happened to plug my
CF into another machine and ran the installer again there and...it
worked!  Identical motherboards and all, the only difference is that
this other machine only had 4GB of memory installed whereas my main
machine has 24GB installed.  So, for anyone having trouble with the
installer, try changing how much memory is installed.

Regarding Kayak, I got stuck trying to a setup a DHCP server.  The
instructions talk about using the ISC DHCP server, but `pkg search` only
found SUN's and `dhcpconfigure` threw a Java NullPointerException...

Thanks,
Kent