[OmniOS-discuss] HP DL180 refuses to shutdown or reboot

David Bomba turbo124 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 05:02:04 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I've installed OmniOS on many HP DL180 G6 boxes with great success, however
the latest server refuses to either reboot or shutdown.

 There are two configuration changes which differentiate this server from
others, 1 a LSI-9201-8i HBA and 2 this server uses usb media for booting.

The cli goes through the usual processing of shutting down, killing user
processes, and syncing the file system.

The server otherwise operates flawlessly.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to debug this
situation?

Dave