[OmniOS-discuss] preconfigured ZFS/OmniOS All-IN-ONE appliance for ESXi 5.5

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Wed Oct 2 07:39:49 UTC 2013

Update:

I have stability problems when using e1000 on a default OmniOS VM under
ESXi 5.5
It works either when using the VMXnet3 vnic or when adding the following
lines to /kernel/drv/e1000g.conf (reboot required)

#tcp offload disable
tx_hcksum_enable=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
lso_enable=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;

Maybe similar to this problem:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2058692

I uploaded a new appliance VM v 13b to adress this problem

Gea