[OmniOS-discuss] SAS tape driver

Tom Robinson tom.robinson at motec.com.au
Mon Oct 7 04:37:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running OmniOS r151006 on a SuperMicro X9 motherboard.

I'm trying to configure an IBM TS3100 tape library with not much luck.

I used to see the tape through the 'st' driver (at least I think it was the st driver). But after
following the IBM documentation and installing the IBMtape driver a I can no longer see the tape.

I'm also having issues with the 'reboot -- -r' command hanging on 'rebooting...' message and am
wondering if that is compounding the issue (see separate thread).

After no luck with the IBMtape driver, I am now trying to revert to the st driver and not having any
luck with that either.

The device links under /dev/rmt had to be removed as part of the IBMtape setup but they were similar
to the following listing:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 88 Sep 20 03:18 0 ->
../../devices/pci at 0,0/pci8086,3c0a at 3,2/pci1000,3020 at 0/iport at f0/tape at w5000e11156304003,0:

I now have nothing listed under /dev/rmt and the st module appears not to load:
# modinfo -cw | grep '\<st\>'
287         11 st                               UNLOADED/UNINSTALLED

# modload -p drv/st
can't load module: No such device or address

# modload -p drv/amd64/st
can't load module: No such device or address

(not sure which of the above is the correct driver actually)

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom

More info: