[OmniOS-discuss] reboot hangs on 'rebooting...'

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 11:34:37 UTC 2013

This is caused by the system attempting to use fastboot on default reboot.
We've disabled that and things seem to work properly; the following
commands do the trick. (the first changes reboot not to use fastboot, the
second causes the system to do a full reboot upon panic)
 -nld

# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_default=false
# svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default

# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_onpanic=false