[OmniOS-discuss] reboot hangs on 'rebooting...'

Sebastien Messier seb.messier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:04:50 UTC 2013

I had this problem too. It was a fastboot problem. I disabled the fastboot
option and now my server is doing a full hard reboot on the command reboot.
This suits my needs because I want to make sure that I can remotely reboot
the server.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett.damore at dey-sys.com
> wrote:

> If you're seeing hangs like this, I would appreciate knowing the hardware
> configuration.  Prtconf -vp might be helpful.  Presumably this is the
> result of one or more devices not doing the right thing for quiesce().
>
> - Garrett
>
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Narayan Desai <narayan.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is caused by the system attempting to use fastboot on default reboot.
> We've disabled that and things seem to work properly; the following
> commands do the trick. (the first changes reboot not to use fastboot, the
> second causes the system to do a full reboot upon panic)
>  -nld
>
> # svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_default=false
> # svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default
>
> # svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_onpanic=false
> # svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default
>

> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Tom Robinson <tom.robinson at motec.com.au>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running OmniOS r151006 on a SuperMicro X9 motherboard.
>>
>> when I do:
>>
>> reboot -- -r
>>
>> The system hangs on the 'rebooting...' message.
>>
>> I've disabled Suspend and C-states in the BIOS. I had one successful
>> 'reboot' but now it's hanging
>> again.
>>
>> Anyone have any clues on how to fix this?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tom Robinson
>> IT Manager/System Administrator
>>
>> MoTeC Pty Ltd
>>
>> 121 Merrindale Drive
>> Croydon South
>> 3136 Victoria
>> Australia
>>
>> T: +61 3 9761 5050
>> F: +61 3 9761 5051
>> E: tom.robinson at motec.com.au

*Sébastien Messier
*Étudiant au baccalauréat en génie mécanique
École de technologie Supérieure
Directeur mécanique du club étudiant Walking Machine

* **Walking Machine <http://wm.etsmtl.ca> **| Robotique mobile autonome
** **P*:* *(514) 396-8800 x7408*| **|  seb.messier at gmail.com*