[OmniOS-discuss] Latest 15007 fails to run zilstat

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Oct 16 21:25:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:49:29 -0400
Theo Schlossnagle <jesus at omniti.com> wrote:

> Gate is built with gcc 4.4 (upstream) and the userland is built with gcc 4.8

If I recall correct type casting in gcc 4.4 was more forgiven than is
the case with gcc 4.8. It seems the following cause problems:
(/usr/lib/dtrace/nfssrv.d line 34)
#pragma D binding "1.5" translator
translator conninfo_t < rfs4_client_t *P > {
        ci_protocol = (P->rc_addr.ss_family == AF_INET) ? "ipv4" :
"ipv6";

More precisely: P->rc_addr.ss_family

This should have been explicitly type casted before referencing the
struct like: ( (* TYPE) P )->rc_addr.ss_family

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Why bother building any more nuclear warheads until we use the ones we
have?