[OmniOS-discuss] Microserver G8 : NIC not working.

Gmail Account obencandemir at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 06:47:34 UTC 2013

I have recently purchased a HP Microserver G8 and upgraded it with a Xeon
1265 Vt-d capable CPU and 16GB of ECC RAM.

Problem is that the NIC doesn't seem to work in any of the Solaris based
OSes.

SmartOS fails; and sadly OmniOS does too. It seems to find the interfaces
and I can run through the instructions for network setup but the machine is
unable to ping any WAN or LAN machines.

The confusing thing is that when I configure as 'dhcp' type, the machine is
able to obtain an address - but again it is unable to ping any local
machines or indeed any other WAN machines.

The card is a HP 332i which is a Broadcom 5720 - which the Illumos HCL says
isn't supported.

Is this card supported fully in OmniOS? Are there any other configuration
tips that might get things going on the G8 Microserver?

Thanks in advance,
Ben