[OmniOS-discuss] omnios host goes suddenly silent on the network

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Oct 29 19:23:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
> the troubling bit is that during the outage, the kvm hosts on
> akami0 and nigiri0 were able to talk to the physical network just
> fine, but they were not able to talk to fugu0 ...  and this is all
> happening inside the crossbow switch within illumos if I
> understand the concept correctly ...

I'm not an expert on the Crossbow stack, but essentially I think this
is correct, so perhaps we're looking at a VNIC issue with fugu0 and
not anything to do with hardware.

Since you're not using aggregate links, it should be possible to let
the global zone use igb0 directly without disturbing the KVM vnics.  I
do this on a number of dev systems.  It might be worth a try to move
the address fugu0/v4static to igb0/v4static, though you'll of course
need out-of-band or console access to do that.

Eric