[OmniOS-discuss] hw recomendation for JBOD box

Bryan Horstmann-Allen bdha at mirrorshades.net
Wed Oct 30 18:39:15 UTC 2013

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On 2013-10-30 14:29:06, Eric Sproul wrote:
|
| Tobi,
| I'd recommend reviewing the parts lists that Joyent publishes:
| https://github.com/joyent/manufacturing
|
| See the parts_database.ods file.  It's mostly Supermicro kit, and what
| I find very helpful is the lists of BIOS and firmware revisions within
| those parts.

I've also had very good experience with Fujitsu RX200 and RX300s (using
IT-flashed non-Fujitsu non-RAID LSI HBAs) and their JX40 JBODs.

(We have ~40 or so of those systems, and half a dozen JX40s.)

iRMC Enterprise is actually comparatively nice to use, too.

Cheers.
--
bdha
cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.