[OmniOS-discuss] Physical slot based disk names for LSI SAS on OmniOS?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Oct 30 20:25:06 UTC 2013

 This is a long shot and I suspect that the answer is no, but: in
OmniOS, is it possible somehow to have disk device names for disks
behind LSI SAS controllers that are based on the physical slot ('phy')
that the disk is found in instead of the disk's reported WNN or serial
number?

(I understand that this is only easy if there are no SAS expanders
involved, which is the situation that I care about.)

 I know that I can recover this information from prtconf -v with
appropriate mangling, but our contemplated environment would be much
more manageable if we could directly use physical slot based device
naming.

 Thanks in advance. I'll post a summary if there are any private
replies (for anything besides 'nope, can't do it').

	- cks