[OmniOS-discuss] My NFS low performance test.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 12:45:15 UTC 2013

helo everyone i think i reach the point where i am having issues i think
the problem is with Proxmox settings which i will have to ask in Proxmox
forum.

here are some of my test details. which i was trying to collect for few
days.

note : my Proxmox/KVM virtualization box is on debian. Ubuntu is just a
destkop machine for testing i am using virtualbox for testing on Ubuntu.

there was a person who suggested me to mount the NFS to another linux
desktop and then copy from both ends. which i did and reach the issue (i
think)

Ubuntu (virtualbox) and Proxmox  (KVM) both have mount the same omniOS NFS.
both of the virtual hardrives are hosted on the root of shared NFS.

when i SCP from Ubuntu to OmniOS it gives me 50MB both side copy or just 1
minute delay in copying to omniOs. but reading/copying from omniOS was 1
minute early.

same with debian/Proxmox box on SCP. things are same as Ubuntu Box.

you can see in attached snap that Virtualbox can copy 2 GB file to another
location in 2 minutes or less.

however you can also see that Proxmox VM is showing continuously 2% on both
site copy. and the point is both machines are hosted on same NFS but
virtual environments are different. one is Proxmox and another is
Virtualbox.

i tested both by disabling/Enabling (standard) "sync property" on a pool
and dataset. but they both result the same bandwidth.

Thanks for all the help. i think this is time to discuss this matter in
Proxmox forum.