[OmniOS-discuss] horrible disk performance under KVM

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 02:52:18 UTC 2013

Picking up on an earlier point, it looks like both virtio net and virtio
block device support have been integrated into mainline illumos for a
while, so in theory it should work, though it might take some doing to get
a previously installed system to switch to virtio.

Has anyone actually tried this?
 -nld