[OmniOS-discuss] samba with AD on omnios

Thomas Werschlein thomas.werschlein at geo.uzh.ch
Wed Sep 18 10:13:19 UTC 2013

Hi Tobi

On 17.09.2013, at 17:27, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

>> Currently we are using samba-3.6.18 and are compiling gamin
>> 0.1.10 (to build the samba module 'notify_fam', with patches from
>> Opensolaris and others to use FEN) and openldap 2.4.34 (plain
>> vanilla) as prerequisites, too.
>
> cool ... do you run a pkg repo and publish your scripts ?
> my stuff is on https://github.com/oposs/pkg.oetiker.ch-build

Thanks for the pointer to your repo!

No, we don't have a pkg repo, since we use Chef to configure and deploy our stuff.
However, we didn't put enough effort into our Chef recipes in order to publish (and maintain) them ...

But we are happy to share them, just let me know and I send you a tar of our current samba-related Chef recipies "as is".

Cheers
Thomas

--
Thomas Werschlein, IT Service Management
Department of Geography, University of Zurich