[OmniOS-discuss] zfs export with iscsi always showing resource bussy

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Sep 23 18:27:46 UTC 2013

Forgot to adress the list as well....

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: John D Groenveld <jdg117 at elvis.arl.psu.edu>
Från: Muhammad Yousuf Khan
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2013.09.23 18:40
Kopia: omnios-discuss <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] zfs export with iscsi always showing resource	bussy

"Delete the LUs?
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.solaris.opensolaris.zfs/51025/focus=51029>

Thanks for your i would have also notices that i have created LU via napp-it but i fear if i delete the LU, will it destroy the data too? because i do not want to loose the iSCSI data."

If you created it via napp-it, I suggest you take it up on the napp-it discussion list. I have used napp-it, but I don't know how it creates and stores its configurations.

If you use the cli in omnios and stmfadm(1M), you can easily delete the LU(stmfadm delete-lu), then perform your export operation of the pool, and after importing the pool again, you can import the deleted LU with stmfadm import-lu. Though you need to be careful to first delete all views for that LU, before you delete it.

 It will not effect any data on the volume, since it is only the LU you delete, not the volume, and the LU is only a logical representation of the volume.

 If you import the pool on a different system, where you don't have the same stmf configuration file(you can export the config file too, if you whish, to get the same stmf config on another system), you can't import the LU, but you can create a new LU of the volume.

Rgrds Johan