[OmniOS-discuss] stmf service in multiple instances? Or other solution?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Fri Sep 27 12:58:05 UTC 2013

-----Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> skrev: -----
Till: Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>, omnios-discuss <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org>
Datum: 2013.09.27 14:03
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] stmf service in multiple instances? Or other	solution?

"Couldn't you use stmfadm to add the luns and views from a script?"

Yes, of coarse, but that script need to altered everytime the config changes. There are probably some nice way of doing this, that I'm not aware of.

 Anybody else that got some insight in this?

Rgrds Johan

Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:
Hi!

I'm interested in HA for a fibre channel storage server, in a way that you can run 2 or more heads active-active, each one running stmf from their own configuration, serving different hosts.

Saso has written an excellent guide to this, but so far only part one...

The pool failover isn't a problem, it is the failover of the stmf configuration that is.

I can only see two possible solutions here:

Either that you can run stmf in multiple instances, can you?

If so, you can have mirrors of the stmf config files on both heads, and if one head fails, a second instance of stmf could start with the config file from the failing head.

Or:

You can restart the stmf service with a new config that includes the stmf configuration of the failing head. Which of coarse would interupt the service to the hosts connected to that head, as well as it would be difficult to produce that config
file, I guess...

Someone got inputs to this...?

Rgrds Johan

OmniOS-discuss mailing list