[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone here run Wordpress on OmniOS?

Zach Malone zmalone at omniti.com
Wed Aug 6 22:02:45 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,
I've run Wordpress on OmniOS in places; I don't remember seeing any
problems out of the platform, although the omniti-ms packages don't
typically include default configs or manifests.  You'll want to add
the omniti-ms repo (information for that is available at
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Packaging ), and then you'll want to
install a webserver (our Apache httpd is called apache22), php (php-53
/ php-54), gd, and mysql (mysql55).

Configuring it all together will get you into the standard Apache /
MySQL config files, which probably need to be written from scratch,
and writing service manifests for both.  When that's done, and you
have MySQL and Apache running, you can throw the standard Wordpress
tarball into your document root, configure wp-config.php, and you
should be finished.
--Zach